Today’s advanced dental treatments and materials can give you a healthier, more complete smile that will last a lifetime. Through restorative and cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Bodie can revitalize your teeth and gums, giving you the smile you’ve always wanted. Then that smile can be maintained through proper oral hygiene, regular dental cleanings, and overall maintenance. Call 972-471-9638 or schedule an appointment with Dr. Bodie and his team to learn more about what dental treatments are right for you.
Patients with damaged or missing teeth can improve overall health and function through restorative dentistry procedures. Common dental restorations include crowns, bridges, and implants.
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is focused on repairing or replacing teeth with an overall goal of improving oral health and chewing function. Dental restoration can also improve facial appearance, as missing teeth can create hollows in a patient’s face.
Dr. Bodie provides these restorative dental treatments:
- Fillings / Restorations – Tooth fillings are a relatively simple and painless procedure that involves removing tooth decay and filling the hole with a tooth-colored composite designed to last a lifetime. Fillings protect teeth from further damage and help patients avoid more costly dental procedures in the future.
- Dentures – A denture is an appliance you put in your mouth that takes the place of missing natural teeth while working to provide the necessary support for your cheeks and lips. There are several types of dentures, so finding the best dentist for dentures is important. Dr. Bodie can help you determine which type is right for your smile!
- Denture Implants – Rather than a removable appliance, denture implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth. They are attached to the jaw with screws and provide a more natural look and feel than traditional dentures.
- Bridges – Dental bridges are devices that fill the gap where teeth are absent. Dr. Bodie offers both fixed and removable bridges.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants can replace a missing tooth quickly to prevent other teeth from shifting. A small titanium post is placed in the jawbone, and the bone bonds with it over time to create a lasting foundation for a custom crown.
- Dental Crowns – For broken teeth or cavities too large for a filling, dental crowns are an ideal solution. By removing any decay and placing a custom crown over the tooth, patients can achieve a beautiful and natural smile.
- Root Canal – This common dental procedure relieves severe tooth pain by removing infected and inflamed tooth pulp, the soft tissue at the center of teeth. The pulp is replaced with a natural composite that eliminates pain and prevents further infection.
Restorative Dentistry vs. Cosmetic Dentistry
Restorative dentistry seeks to improve oral health and function while cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of teeth, even if they are already healthy and undamaged. However, many restorative procedures also have cosmetic benefits, such as implants and crowns. Keep reading to learn more about cosmetic dentistry!
There are many ways to improve your smile beyond regular dental cleanings and good oral hygiene. Whether a patient hopes to straighten their teeth or have a bright, picture-perfect smile, cosmetic dentistry can help them achieve that.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance and aesthetics of your smile. Common cosmetic dental treatments include teeth whitening, dental bonding, and veneers.
Dr. Bodie provides these cosmetic dental treatments:
- Bonding – This cosmetic dental procedure can often be completed in one visit. Composite material is bonded to teeth that are chipped or misshapen and polished to have a smooth, beautiful finish.
- Whitening – While whitening your teeth at home can have an immediate short-term effect, a teeth whitening dentist can lift stains and brighten teeth for years.
- Veneers – Veneers are a permanent solution for anyone wanting an even, brand-new smile. Thin porcelain veneers are bonded to teeth, giving them a new shape and bright color! Dr. Bodie is the best dentist for veneers as he takes the time to create a custom, comfortable set of veneers for each patient.
- Invisalign – It’s never too late to straighten your teeth, improving your smile, bite, and overall oral health. Clear braces make it easy to do that in a less noticeable way than traditional metal braces! Invisalign utilizes clear aligners that gently straighten teeth over time.
- iTero Dental Scan – Dr. Bodie uses an iTero intraoral scanner, a unique digital impressions system, that provides three-dimensional images of your mouth. This allows patients to see their final smile while Dr. Bodie is creating a treatment plan.
General Dentistry and Oral Hygiene
The best way to achieve a beautiful smile is to have a healthy smile. Through general dentistry and patient education, Dr. Bodie and his team help all patients keep their teeth, gum, and mouth looking and feeling great!
Dr. Bodie provides these general dental treatments:
- Dental Sealants – Teeth with deep grooves or depressions are prone to cavities and decay. Dental sealants use a tooth-colored acrylic ‘coating’ to act as a barrier against bacteria and infection.
- Air Abrasion – Air abrasion is a gentler, less invasive alternative to drilling. It’s perfect for patients who dislike the sound or smell of traditional dental drilling.
- Tooth Extractions – Sometimes the best and healthiest choice is to remove a broken, decayed, or painful tooth. Dr. Bodie has years of experience with painless dental injections and offers sedation dentistry options for extractions.
- Periodontal Maintenance – Regular teeth cleaning and periodontal maintenance are crucial because they protect the teeth and gums from harmful bacteria that can cause the deterioration of teeth and soft tissues in the mouth.
- Emergency – As one of the top emergency dentists in Richardson, TX, Dr. Bodie is experienced with immediate dental needs such as knocked-out teeth or severe pain.
- Biomimetic Dentistry – This type of dentistry applies to every procedure at Dr. Bodie’s. Biomimetic dentistry strives to preserve as much of the natural tooth as possible, limiting drilling and other invasive procedures.
Whether you’re searching for a cosmetic dentist near Dallas, emergency dental treatment, or a general dentist for the entire family, you can trust Dr. Bodie and his team with your smile. Contact us to schedule an appointment or learn more!